Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Absence

You may or may not have noticed my lack of blogging as of late. At one point it seemed only a week i'd missed and that's somehow snowballed in to two weeks!
Last weekend I rounded up my Northern road trips by visiting Leeds - my former university town. It was the birthday celebrations of a good friend and it was lovely (if not slightly uncanny) being back there. If you've never visited, i'd highly recommend taking a trip. The city has so much to offer, from a massive town centre to vintage shopping to brilliant restaurants, museums and more. I could have spent a whole week there and still only felt slightly reacquainted.
On the Saturday, Jamie and I had the day free so we started in LS6 cafe. The interior is uniquely decorated and the coffee is lovely (cheap too!). After, we wandered into the antique shop next door (Top left picture) which has so much to look at. There's such a vast range in pricing, it's worth inspecting everything incase you find a bargain.
In the evening we visited Dry Dock. A pub we'd frequently go to as it's just across the road from the uni! The place itself is a boat, with a pub garden situated on the top deck. They do reasonably priced drinks and we got two burgers for £7!
I'll sum up the rest of the visit in these words : Wine, Crash Team Racing, birthday cake and lots of catching up.
I can't wait to visit again.

The rest of the week i've mostly been working to try and make my bank account look a little happier!
I've got plans for a couple of posts in the next few days too.
Rose x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! If you leave your link I'll be sure to check out your blog!